About Her

My photo
India
Little Moments Of Bliss is a silhouette of a feeling that resides in my heart. A software engineer by degree, a writer at heart, and a teacher by profession, I'm all that I never thought I would be. Pretty pictures,a poem that blatantly refuses to rhyme, a text from a deranged friend, a sudden gesture of love, its these little things in life, that matter and sprinkle bliss. Grace the couch and share a cuppa!

June 6, 2011

My Peanut-butter Cookies

The pleasurable sight of my little two-and-a-half year old babies, my nephew and my neice, ready to scratch each other's angel faces with their not so big nails, fighting over who will play 'NinJump' in my phone first, almost made me speak out aloud 'This is definitely going into my blog'.

Do you all feel about babies the same way or is it just me ? I hope it isnt just me.Their little giggles make my whole room want to dance its heart out to their rhythm. Did I see that hair brush have a ball with my 'pink, overcrowded with flowers' comb ? No, I guess no.

And in future, if my husband ever complains about me being a huge snuggler, all the blame will be destined to my babies.
Those little petite hands open for a huge hug and brought apart as wide as they can, form my little moment of bliss.To kiss their pinky pink 'smooth as satin' soft cheeks. Lift them up and they hold on to me like it was all they will ever desire, is serenity.
My angelic girl is named 'Gauri' and my naughty boy is called 'Krishu'.

One calm boring day, mom came up to my room, smashed the door against my purple wall, which still bears an incision of the incident, ( If I would have opened it like that, I would have been dead, LITERALLY DEAD ), and proudly declared 'We have a new baby-girl in the family'.


 There was nothing I could do to control my elation. The anticipation of holding that little bundle of joy in my arms, caressing it, almost made me schizophrenic. Yes, it did. Gauri was born 10 years after her parents got married, and when I saw her, I instantly knew why. That baby was dazzlingly beautiful. And all I could tell my sister was 'Now you know why ;) ?'



Check out those blue nails :P
The Almighty took 10 long years to bless us with this absolute look-alike of that endearing Barbie you always swooned for when you were three, but I totally understand. She must've consumed a lot of his attention and time. :)).


Two years since that miracle and I'm sure Gauri has a little corner of her room filled with hearts, for she steals the heart of every pair of eyes that see her. My baby sure knows how to kiss and mesmerize.

Two little secrets I very desperately want to unveil about her (they make me giggle right now :)) are :

1. Gift her a nail paint, she'll plant the sweetest wettest honey-like kiss on your cheek the very next second.
2. Gift her a HOT PINK nail paint, she'll give you as many as you want and share her toys too :).

One month after Gauri came into our lives, I was barely getting over the news, and there came my second baby :) Aryan Bhatia, sophisticated as it sounds, lovingly called 'krishu' :)). He opened his eyes for the first time in a far away land, special mention and thanks to Ray Tomlinson (founder of E-mail :D) ,I found his first pictures in my inbox an hour later.

Krishu's first picture :)
Graceful, calm, svelte. Almost a debonair. Waiting and waiting and endless waiting took a toll. Receiving his pictures ever since and dying to hug him, feel his heartbeat against mine, God finally granted my wish and my baby is here now :)). 

I've spent just two-and-a-half days with this two-and-a-half year old wonder kid and he already seems to have cast a spell on me. And his super super super cute american accent drives me totally crazy.


That selfish left corner of my heart, wants them to remain kids forever, need me all the time and plan as many mischiefs as they can. Sigh. that isn't possible.
I have so much more to pen down about them, but I'm sure, had they been a little more than five, they wouldn't have wanted me to disclose their naughty tricks and secrets to the world.


I love them. forever. :*

P.S. May everyone, be it simply anybody who reads this post, have babies soon :D:D

6 comments:

  1. OMGOMG.I am under major exam stress and this was the bestest stress buster!My,my.MY. Gauri,h you beautiful child!

    you are a very happy writer ayushi!:) Now wish me a baby just like Gauri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ayushi,
    your post is very very sweet. I'm sure the two must be super cute. I have a son who is two and a half. His name is Ayaan and we call him Aayu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it like raining babies.. And that too cutest of 'em ever!
    I wanna grab some too, Ayu :P

    This post was utterly sweet. Pass my warm love to ur Charming Gauri and Stylish Krishu. :*:* :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. look whos spoiling her talent in engineering, you should be writing bhatia :) n I'm serious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hv no wrds..!!
    u r simply stunning bhatia!!
    itzzz asweummm<3

    ReplyDelete

Scribble some love !